The Yale Alumni Corporation of Rochester
Celebrating 100 Years of Service
Founded in 1913, the Yale Alumni Corporation of Rochester is among the oldest Yale alumni associations in the United States . Organized as a tax-exempt, 501(c)3 non-profit entity, the YACR serves the interests of Yale University, its graduates, and students in the greater Rochester, NY metropolitan area.
Led by the President, Officers, and Board of Directors, the YACR maintains a strong presence in western New York through a number of activities. On an on-going basis, the YACR does the following in support of Yale and the Rochester community:
- Annually interviewing local students applying for admission to Yale College through the Alumni Schools Committee (ASC).
- Offering continuing education and intellectual stimulation by bringing Yale faculty, administrators, and friends to the area; organizing talks, discussions, and other presentations by alumni and other speakers.
- Fostering social and professional interaction among members by organizing networking and professional, young alumni, special interests, All-Ivy, sporting, and performing arts events.
- Embodying Yale’s spirit of service through a variety of volunteering opportunities throughout the Rochester area.
- Building awareness of programs, services, and happenings in Rochester and New Haven through newsletters, e-mails, and regular updates to our website.
All graduates of Yale University (undergraduate, graduate, and professional), Yale educators, students, and their parents are invited to join the YACR and take part in shaping its life and direction.
Payment of annual dues entitles members to advance notice and lower prices at club events, access to the member directory and bulletin boards, and admission to select “members only” events.